Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Kasparov on Sanders

The eminent chess player writes

As long as Europe had America taking risks, investing ambitiously, attracting the world’s dreamers and entrepreneurs, and yes, being unequal, it could benefit from the results without making the same sacrifices. Add to that the incalculable windfall of not having to spend on national defense thanks to America’s massive investment in a global security umbrella. America doesn’t have the same luxury of coasting on the ambition and sacrifice of another country.

Who will be America’s America?
Read the whole thing. I am not sure if this if he's being overly critical of the Scandinavians, although I have also argued a similar point myself --- as far as I know, the only truly Scandinavian product I use is Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment